Thank you for your interest in Stone County Hospital!
Qualified applicants will be contacted for further screenings and interviews as needed. Stone County Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Currently Hiring for the Following Positions:
Director, Health Information Management
Ideal candidate will have an RHIA certification and 3 years of experience managing a Health Information Management (HIM) department OR a Bachelor's degree and 5 years of HIM department management experience in lieu of an RHIA certification. Three years experience working in Medical Records is required.
Directs and coordinates the daily administrative activities and personnel of the Medical Records Department. Supervises the HIM staff.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have an RHIA certification and 3 years of experience managing a Health Information Management department OR a Bachelor's degree and 5 years of HIM department management experience in lieu of an RHIA certification.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Records Administration preferred.
- Three years working experience in Medical Records required.
- Three years supervisory experience in Medical Records preferred.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE:
- RHIA certification OR Bachelor's degree and 5 years of HIM department management experience in lieu of an RHIA certification, is required.
Manager, Poplarville & Wiggins Family Medical Clinics
The Clinic Manager organizes, directs and controls all clinic and facilities management activities to achieve established goals and objectives of the clinics to ensure a smooth and efficient operation and delivery of patient care.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a Rural Health Clinic preferred.
- Knowledge of health care administration, business administration or other related field, equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a regionally accredited bachelor’s degree program. Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job are typically acquired through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in a health care facility that includes experiences and knowledge of medical practice and clinic management, clinic operational structure systems and clinic policies, procedures and processes.
- Leadership experience should include management of staff and budgets at the Manager level.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, project management and team building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent public relations skills. The ability to successfully and positively interact with physicians is essential.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Directing the day-to-day activities of the staff at the clinic, ensuring a high level of productivity.
- Continually monitoring the functioning of the clinic and revising operations as needed.
- Overseeing all functions of the medical group including reception and scheduling activities, patient service areas, medical records, transcription, business information systems, and appropriate clinical areas.
The Administrative Assistant provides assistance to the Chief Executive Officer of the facility in the completion of specific projects as assigned.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position may require hours beyond those scheduled and occasional weekend work.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Receptionist, Office Assistant or similar position.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 40 wpm.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and/or other word processing applications.
- Should be familiar with other Microsoft applications (i.e. EXCEL, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook)
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and perform well under pressure of deadlines.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Plans and coordinates the scheduling of the activities of the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer.
- Helps administer policies and procedures as required by CEO/COO, Medical Staff, and Governing Board.
- Responsible for all secretarial duties for the CEO/COO, Medical Staff, and Governing Board at monthly, quarterly, or annual meetings.
- Acts as a receptionist for the administrative office suite.
- Answers, screens and transfers phone calls to the administrative office.
RN Full Time Night/PRN Positions - Emergency Department
- Must possess a Nursing Degree from an accredited college.
- Licensed in the State of MS.
- Must have a minimum of (2) years experience in a hospital setting.
- Prefer minimum of 1 year current Emergency Room or Critical Care experience.
- Current BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification within 6 months of hire.
- TNCC within one year of hire.
- PALS within one year of hire.
- Must display professionalism both in appearance and attitude.
- Must possess the ability to solve problems and make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be able to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret goals, objectives, policies and procedures that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background check.
PRN Medical Lab Technician
Collects samples from patients ranging in age from infancy to the elderly. Processes samples, performs tests and reports results according to policy. Performs maintenance on various laboratory analyzers. Maintains supply levels and assists in ordering and inventory. Monitors and performs calibrations and quality controls as required.
Required Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Must be a graduate of an approved technical and possess a degree in Medical Laboratory Technology and must have certification or be eligible for one from an accrediting agency (ASCP or equivalent) or
- Hold a diploma from a branch of the armed forces with ASCP or equivalent registry.
- One (1) year of experience preferred as a MLT, (criteria may be waived if he/she is a graduate from an approved MLT program).
- Must have three (3) to twelve (12) months of on-the-job training to attain reasonable proficiency as a Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Must have a high degree of integrity with acute awareness of work assignments.
- Acceptable to all demands on time with willingness to sacrifice in the interest of the profession and the organization.
- Tact and understanding in dealing with patients of all age groups from newborns, neonates, pediatrics and adolescents, adults, and elderly.
- Ability to willingly take directions and supervision from the laboratory Manager.
- Able to exercise independent, judgment to set up work assignments that make maximum use of knowledge and ability utilizing the most effective and economic means available to accomplish such tasks.
Paramedics Needed - Full Time, Part Time & PRN
Administers basic and advanced life support care to sick and injured persons in pre-hospital setting under direction of an Emergency Department Physician consistent with state and local protocols by performing the following duties. Performs continuation of care and observation during inter-facility patient transfers per direction of responsible physician.
Required Certificates, License, Registrations
- Current Paramedic License for the State of Mississippi
- EVOC (Preferred)
- BTLS or PHTLS