Thank you for your interest in Stone County Hospital!
Qualified applicants will be contacted for further screenings and interviews as needed. Stone County Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Currently Hiring for the Following Positions:
Director, Health Information Management
View full job description
Ideal candidate will have an RHIA certification and 3 years of experience managing a Health Information Management (HIM) department OR a Bachelor's degree and 5 years of HIM department management experience in lieu of an RHIA certification. Three years experience working in Medical Records is required.
Directs and coordinates the daily administrative activities and personnel of the Medical Records Department. Supervises the HIM staff.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have an RHIA certification and 3 years of experience managing a Health Information Management department OR a Bachelor's degree and 5 years of HIM department management experience in lieu of an RHIA certification.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Records Administration preferred.
- Three years working experience in Medical Records required.
- Three years supervisory experience in Medical Records preferred.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE:
- RHIA certification OR Bachelor's degree and 5 years of HIM department management experience in lieu of an RHIA certification, is required.
Manager, Poplarville & Wiggins Family Medical Clinics
The Clinic Manager organizes, directs and controls all clinic and facilities management activities to achieve established goals and objectives of the clinics to ensure a smooth and efficient operation and delivery of patient care.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a Rural Health Clinic preferred. Knowledge of health care administration, business administration or other related field, equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a regionally accredited bachelor’s degree program. Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job are typically acquired through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in a health care facility that includes experiences and knowledge of medical practice and clinic management, clinic operational structure systems and clinic policies, procedures and processes.
- Leadership experience should include management of staff and budgets at the Manager level.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, project management and team building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent public relations skills. The ability to successfully and positively interact with physicians is essential.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Directing the day-to-day activities of the staff at the clinic, ensuring a high level of productivity.
- Continually monitoring the functioning of the clinic and revising operations as needed.
- Overseeing all functions of the medical group including reception and scheduling activities, patient service areas, medical records, transcription, business information systems, and appropriate clinical areas.
RN / LPN - PRN, Day/Night Shifts
- Must possess a Nursing Degree from an accredited college.
- Licensed in the State of MS.
- Must have a minimum of (2) years experience in a hospital setting.
- Prefer minimum of 1 year current Emergency Room or Critical Care experience.
- Current BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification within 6 months of hire.
- TNCC within one year of hire.
- PALS within one year of hire.
- Must display professionalism both in appearance and attitude.
- Must possess the ability to solve problems and make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be able to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret goals, objectives, policies and procedures that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background check.
- RN - Case Manager
- A valid current Mississippi Nursing License and Basic Life Support certification are required. Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university or be a graduate of an approved RN program.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience as a registered nurse in a hospital, long-term care facility, or other related health care facility
- The Case Manager’s primary responsibility is to plan, organize, coordinate, and direct all activities of the Case Management department.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position may require hours beyond those scheduled and occasional weekend work and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Works in collaboration with case managers, social workers and referrals specialists.
- Required to initiate supportive patient care through self-direction, coordination, and delegation with team members and departments.
- Contributes to identifying both active and possible needs of the patient and his/her family, which may affect the plan of care.
- Utilizes own special body of knowledge to provide leadership and guidance in formulating an individualized multidisciplinary plan of are to include: acute hospital care, discharge education, transition to home and use of community resources.
- Consistently collaborates with the physician to plan and implement the multidisciplinary plan of care.
- Review plan of care with the caregiver team.
- Communicates in writing in the chart and verbally to coordinate interventions and ensure continuity of care.
- Facilitates and participates in care conferences for patients with complex problems.
- Assures that pre-certification is completed in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with nursing staff to provide continuous assessment of assigned patients, interprets findings, initiates appropriate therapeutic actions when necessary, and evaluates the results of these actions.
- Provides appropriate information and explanation to the patients’ families.
- Assists with patient and family education and the discharge process to promote continuity of care and optimal patient outcome.>
- Demonstrates expertise in the referral process and use of community resources and collaborates as needed with Social Services.
- Assists in the investigation of quality issues in conjunction with departmental and organization wide quality improvement plans and as directed by the Director of Quality Management.
- Assures that admissions and days are certified in accordance with third party payer criteria.
- RN Nurse Manager
- Licensed in the State of Mississippi
- Current BLS
- ACLS, PALS, TNCC preferred
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, Bachelor degree preferred
- Supervisory or management experience preferred
Certified Nursing Assistant, Full Time, Night Shift
- Must be certified and hold current valid BLS. Hospital experience preferred.
Medical Lab Technician/Medical Technologist Full Time Night position
Collects samples from patients ranging in age from infancy to the elderly. Processes samples, performs tests and reports results according to policy. Performs maintenance on various laboratory analyzers. Maintains supply levels and assists in ordering and inventory. Monitors and performs calibrations and quality controls as required.
Required Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Must be a graduate of an approved technical school and possess a degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or Medical Technology. Must have certification or be eligible for one from an accrediting agency (ASCP or equivalent) or hold a diploma from a branch of the armed forces with ASCP or equivalent registry.
- One (1) year of experience preferred as a MLT, (criteria may be waived if he/she is a graduate from an approved MLT program).
- Must have three (3) to twelve (12) months of on-the-job training to attain reasonable proficiency as a Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Must have a high degree of integrity with acute awareness of work assignments.
- Acceptable to all demands on time with willingness to sacrifice in the interest of the profession and the organization.
- Tact and understanding in dealing with patients of all age groups from newborns, neonates, pediatrics and adolescents, adults, and elderly.
- Ability to willingly take directions and supervision from the laboratory Manager.
- Able to exercise independent, judgment to set up work assignments that make maximum use of knowledge and ability utilizing the most effective and economic means available to accomplish such tasks.
Paramedics Needed - Full Time, Part Time & PRN
Administers basic and advanced life support care to sick and injured persons in pre-hospital setting under direction of an Emergency Department Physician consistent with state and local protocols by performing the following duties. Performs continuation of care and observation during inter-facility patient transfers per direction of responsible physician.
Required Certificates, License, Registrations
- Current Paramedic License for the State of Mississippi
- EVOC (Preferred)
- BTLS or PHTLS