Frequently Asked Questions
The Dietary Department and cafeteria at Stone County Hospital provide meals to patients, employees, and the general public. Three nutritional meals, along with snacks, are served daily to patients according to diets ordered by Registered Dietician. Diet consultations and diet education are also provided as needed to serve inpatients.
Breakfast and lunch are served for general public.
Hours of operation:
Breakfast Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. until 8:30 a.m.
Lunch Monday through Friday, 11:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
Closed on Saturday to the public.
Prior to Surgery
- Once the diagnosis for surgery is made, one of our providers will tell you what to expect on the day of surgery and complete all pre-surgical tests and any pre-registration paperwork needed.
On the Day of Surgery
- Report to the main entrance of the hospital and proceed to the patient-registration desk.
- Please shower or bathe prior to your surgery. Do not apply lotions or oils after bathing. Remove all makeup. You may brush your teeth, remembering not to swallow anything.
- Leave all valuables, including cash, at home. All jewelry, including piercings, should be removed and left at home.
- If you wear contact lenses or glasses, bring a case for their safekeeping.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that is easy to button. Wear comfortable shoes.
- Please arrive at least one hour prior to your procedure, unless instructed otherwise.
- If you have an advance directive, living will or durable power of attorney, bring a copy with you to the hospital, so your wishes may be known and honored.
- Be prepared to sign a form giving consent for the operation. If the patient is under 18, a parent or legal guardian must accompany the patient and sign the consent form. Legal guardians should bring proof of guardianship.
- During surgery, your family will be asked to wait in the lobby. They will be notified in person of your progress.
- Please bring someone that can drive you home after the surgery.
If you are going home:
- Your doctor will usually speak to the family after the procedure. Follow any verbal instructions he or she gives.
- Before you leave the hospital, a nurse will review with you instructions for your care at home. You will also receive a written copy of these instructions to reference.
- Do not sign any important papers or make any significant decisions for at least 24 hours after surgery.
- Do not drive, smoke, drink alcoholic beverages or operate machinery for 24 hours after surgery.
- A nurse from the hospital will phone you within a few days after your surgery to see how you are doing and to answer any questions you may have.
If you are admitted to the hospital:
- The doctor will usually speak to the family after the procedure.
- Following your recovery period, you will be transferred to your room. Your family will be notified of the room number.
There are several ways to share your experience with our staff.
Through our Patient Satisfaction Survey
Our hospital has partnered with Press Ganey, a national research company, to administer our customer satisfaction surveys. After your visit to our hospital, you may receive a phone call or questionnaire asking about your experience. We hope that you will take a few moments to share your comments of the positive things we did or things we can improve upon.
To our Leadership Team
In writing: Stone County Hospital, ATTN: CEO, 1434 E. Central Avenue, Wiggins, MS 39577.
By phone: 601.928.6600; also Chief Nursing Officer can be reached at 601.928.6627.
Online: www.facebook.com/stonecountyhospital or www.schospital.net
To help protect the health of our staff, patients and visitors, Stone County Hospital, our family medical clinics and our grounds are tobacco-free.