NEWS & EVENTS
When you are experiencing an emergency room visit, you should receive the best quality care possible. At Stone County Hospital, our goal is to ensure that we are the best emergency room you have ever visited. We understand that a trip to the ER is stressful enough. Our job is to provide peace of mind and help ease any worries, as well as pain that you may be experiencing. We believe the following assets are what keep Stone County as the number one trusted emergency room in our area.
- Physicians and Nurse Practitioners who are board-certified and trained for emergency medical situations. Patients who visit Stone County can guarantee that they are in good hands.
- Our nurses are certified and have advanced training in life support and trauma.
- Patients receive immediate access to the care that they need.
- Our staff takes time to develop relationships with our patients. We may be there to help diagnose and treat you, but we take pride in making connections with each and every patient that walks through the door.
- We offer the best medical resources for improving your family’s quality of life through preventative medicine, health education and effective treatments.
- We focus on each patient as an individual and will do whatever is needed to give them an experience customized to fit their needs.
- Our staff and employees are empowered to make decisions, take initiative and be the best healthcare professional they can be.
- Patients are treated by healthcare professionals that are dedicated to keeping them healthy and getting them on the right path to wellness.
- We specialize in behavioral health, bone and joint care, cardiology, cardiopulmonary, diabetes, gastroenterology, podiatry, Reclast therapy and more. So, no matter your needs, we have a team of professionals ready to ease your pain.
- Using a local facility for stabilization can be the difference between life and death. (For example, someone having a heart attack does not have time to drive 45 minutes to a hospital.) In 2017, Stone County Hospital stabilized, then transported over 200 life-threatening conditions.
At Stone County Hospital, we take pride in creating and nurturing good relationships with every person we treat. Your visit to the emergency room is hard enough, and we understand that you more than likely don’t want to be there. We are proud to have the privilege of taking care of you in your time of need.
Stone County Hospital is a critical access hospital that proudly serves the patient population in Wiggins, Picayune, Lumberton and Lucedale. We hope to be your number one choice for acute care, family care, trauma care, emergency care and much more. We are located at 1434 E. Central Avenue, Wiggins, MS 39577. Please call us at 601-928-6600 to schedule an appointment.